April 2019 Update
The Little Mountain School
- We are excited about reaching the half-year mark of our second year! While we reflect on how much GEO has changed in such a short time period, and all the things to come, we are astounded by the growth and persistence of this organization.
- The children at the school continue to grow academically, linguistically, and emotionally; as they are provided with education, nutritious meals, and lots of love.
- An anonymous donor will be providing 45 pairs of shoes for the children in the month of May. Basic necessities like these are often hard for the children to come by. We know this donation will immediately improve their daily quality of life. On behalf of everyone involved in GEO we want to express our gratitude to this generous donor!
- Father Dan, from Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary in Lexington, Kentucky, will be traveling with 2 Mary Queen teachers to our school in Guatemala in July. These teachers will have the opportunity to observe, teach, and offer English lessons within the community.
Father Miguel – El Camino
- Father Miguel will be returning to Palencia, Guatemalan in June. He will stay for approximately a year, while continuing his work with GEO. When he returns to the United States, he is tentatively set to continue his work at St. Leo’s Catholic Church in Versailles, Kentucky.
- Father Miguel will be participating in El Camino in just a few short months. Please visit his website to help him raise funds! (All donations will go directly to our school in Guatemala.)
Board of Directors
- Please join us in thanking Tom Hodge for his service to GEO as he transitions off our Board of Directors. We were lucky to have him as we began this project and we wish him all the best!
Travel to Guatemala
- While Father Miguel is in Guatemala, he will be working to set up trips for anyone involved in GEO. These trips will include many stops at popular Guatemalan destinations, as well as a visit to the school. Father Miguel will be the designated guide for all these excursions. If you are interested, please contact GEO after June or keep an eye out for our next newsletter!
- The Chairman of the Board, Forrest Day, will be traveling to Guatemala June 17-22nd. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in accompanying him. This trip includes a visit to the school and stays with the families of students.
On May 10th, we will have an informational meeting at Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary in Lexington, Kentucky. If you are interested in sponsoring a child or becoming a board member, please attend. Please feel free to bring your mission team, parish members, or anyone interested in participating in the education of at-risk Guatemalan youth! Refreshments (wine, beer, soft drinks, and light snacks) will be provided. RSVP at email@example.com
Mary Queen of the Holy Rosary
601 Hill N Dale Drive
As a reminder, GEO is a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax deductible!